There are certain essential clothing items that form the foundation of any stylish male wardrobe. Because these items never go out of fashion, they should be of the highest quality that your budget can afford. When you spend a little more money for these wardrobe essentials, you’ll be able to wear them for many seasons to come.
- A classic suit in gray, black or navy is the first basic essential for your wardrobe. Take care to select a style that suits your body type and then have it tailored for the perfect fit.
- A white custom dress shirt is a timeless classic item that belongs in every man’s wardrobe. This versatile wardrobe staple can be worn with everything from a suit to jeans.
- A sports coat in a solid color is another versatile wardrobe item that can be worn for a variety of occasions.
- A solid-colored tie can be worn with a suit or dress shirt. You may decide to buy several ties in an assortment of patterns, but make sure you have at least one in a solid color.
- A black leather belt with a silver buckle can be worn with dress pants and jeans. A brown belt is also a good investment, or look for a reversible belt that’s brown on one side and black on the other.
- Black dress pants can be worn with a white or colored dress shirt and optional suit jacket or sports coat.
- Khaki pants are a go-to wardrobe item for work or social events.
- White t-shirts can be worn with jeans or under sweaters and dress shirts.
- Black dress shoes and black socks are expected for suits and formal attire. It will be worth your money to invest in a good pair. You may also want to buy brown leather shoes.
- Jeans are worn everywhere these days, so make sure you find at least one pair that’s comfortable and good-looking.
- Polo shirts are a good alternative to a dress shirt or t-shirt, casual without being too casual. Good polo shirts are available from a variety of designers (including Lacoste and Ralph Lauren) and in a rainbow of shades.