Solosso's Custom Dress Shirt FAQ
- Tailored Shirts and Solosso
- Measurement and Design Your Shirt
- Countries, Delivery and Taxes/Duties
- Measurement and Design Your Shirt
- Countries, Delivery and Taxes/Duties
Why should I buy Solosso Shirts?Please have a look at the product page, which explains Solosso’s quality features in detail. In short, we offer
- Premium materials such as fine fabrics, mother-of-pearl buttons and stainless steel collar stays (more).
- High-quality craftsmanship, including pattern-matching split yoke, gusset and 18 – 22 stitches per inch (more).
- Ecology. As a guiding principle, we aim to run a socially responsible and environmentally friendly organisation (more).
- Proper Fit. Bespoke dress shirt wearers can enjoy the rare luxury of having both great comfort and the unparalleled look that comes with a proper fit (more).
- No Branding. Every Solosso made to measure dress shirt is unique and handcrafted for one purpose only – to perfectly match your preferences and measurements (more).
- Free Shipping (more).
What materials do you use to produce the Solosso Shirts?We exclusively use some of the finest natural materials to custom-tailor your Solosso custom dress shirts. The main materials used in the production of our high-quality shirts are listed below:
- Premium two-ply Egyptian cottons
- Exquisite linen
- Premium mother-of-pearl buttons
- High-quality stainless steel collar stays
- Recycled and recyclable packaging paper
- Recycled and recyclable handmade mulberry paper
What do you mean by "We are trying hard to run an ecological organisation"?We do everything we can to be as environmentally friendly and socially responsible as we possible can, but we have to face certain business realities. For an in-depth discussion about our environmental and social engagement, please click here.
FIT GUARANTEEAs a guiding principle, we want to make you happy! We thus introduced the Fit Guarantee to answer some of the questions you might have – what if my shirt doesn’t fit? What can I do?
Follow these few easy steps if your shirt doesn’t fit:
1) Send us an email indicating what you would like to change (e.g. narrow the waist by 2 inches, change collar). If you are not sure what to change, send us pictures of you wearing the shirt from many different angles, so we understand the problem better.
2) We will review your feedback and suggest next steps. If the changes are simple, please take the shirt to your local tailor and we'll reimburse you for any cost up to $50. 97% of problems can be fixed by your local tailor for less than $20.
3) If the shirt is impossible to be fixed by your tailor, we will remake the shirt and send it back to you. As a matter of course, this will be free of charge.
The fit guarantee is offered to first time customers who haven’t worn their shirt. The fit guarantee only applies if you have chosen to “Measure Yourself”. If you choose the “Measure your favourite shirt” option, the measurements of your new shirt should be the same as on the original shirt. However, we cannot guarantee that the seams and the design will be identical to the original shirt. Please allow a slight variance from the original measurement. Should the measurements of the received Solosso shirt be considerably different from the measurements you indicated in your order, Solosso will offer you a new product free of charge. We cannot guarantee that your shirt made to the measurements from our standard size chart will have a perfect fit. That is why we always recommend you use the “Measure Yourself” option instead. The fit guarantee does not apply to the "buy 2 get 1 free" promotion as we assume that the free shirt is to adjust your measurements which then should be perfect.
How do I know if the ordered shirt will fit?We carefully fine-tuned the measurement process with a big testing group to make it as accurate, as easy and as fast as possible. Over 95% of our customers are satisfied with the fit of our shirts. Plus, we offer a Fit Guarantee (see above).
As a general rule, you should provide us with your exact current measurements. Please do not choose smaller measurements or bigger measurements because you want to lose or gain weight. Our shirts are cut in a way that accommodates slight weight fluctuations.
How do I know how to design/create a shirt? There are so many choices on your website...Yes, we offer many design and personalisation options, but this is what made to measure shirts are all about, and we are convinced that you will love the variety.
In order to make designing your custom men's dress shirt easier, we have introduced three distinct shirt models: business, casual and elegant. Each model exemplifies a conventional type of shirt and comes with default choices (such as default collar or cuff). These default choices show you what a normal business, casual or elegant shirt looks like. You can then just accept our proposed default choices and continue to the next step, or you can adjust them to fit your preferences. For our more advanced customers, we offer the possibility of designing a shirt from scratch.
How do I get my measurements?We currently offer you four easy ways to get your measurements. Please just follow our comprehensive guidance during the ordering process. You will be able to save a variety of measurement profiles for the different measurement possibilities, in order to use them at a later point in time. You can create your measurement profile in the My Account section.
- Measure yourself within minutes.
- Measure your favourite shirt easily.
- Indicate your standard size.
- Send in your favourite shirt so we can take the measurements. Your shirt will be returned with your order. (Only available in Switzerland).
Can I have you measure me?This is currently not possible. Instead we provide you with all the necessary instructions to measure yourself fast and conveniently. Create your measurement profile in the My Account section of our website to get started. If you prefer having a professional taking your measurements, please go to a local tailor to collect your measurements and we reimburse you up to US$ 10 as a store credit.
Can I really measure myself?It is possible but not advised. We recommend all of our clients to be measured by a friend, a tailor or a clothing professional (please have a look at the “Measure Yourself” part of our website for instructions). If you choose to be measured by a tailor or clothing professional, we will reimburse your costs (once) up to US$ 10 in the form of an in-store credit. Having assistance in gathering your measurements makes the process much faster and more accurate. Please send us a copy of the invoice for the measuring service to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will credit your account.
What is the shipping fee?The price of our custom dress shirt for men includes free standard worldwide delivery (3 – 4 weeks).
As a matter of course, the carbon footprint of all our shipments is offset through our partner, Carbonfund.org. Learn more about our ecological approach.
Which countries do you deliver to?Argentina
United Arab Emirates
Do I have to pay duties and taxes?This varies from country to country. In most countries there is an exemption quota that allows some merchandise – depending on the value of the package – to be received free of taxes and duties. For example, in the United States most packages valued at less than US$200 are free of duties and taxes. Solosso will not be responsible for any duties or taxes you might be charged.
Is there a handling fee for clearing customs?If your delivery is not exempted from customs, there is a chance that you will be charged a small handling fee for paperwork by the local authority.
How do I track my package?We use DHL Global Mail to deliver all of our packages. This service works the following way:
- 1. DHL receives the parcel from us and delivers it to your country.
- 2. In your country, your local post takes over the parcel and delivers it to you.
When you receive a notification from our system that your item has been shipped, it always includes a tracking code for your convenience. Your tracking code either ends with SG or DE.
If the ending is SG, the item can be tracked via Speedpost 2-3 business days after you receive the tracking code.
In case the tracking code ends with DE, it can be tracked via Deutsche Post. Here, you need to insert date. You can use the date you received the notification from our system. However, allow 2-3 days since the day we notify you for the item to be registered in the system of Deutsche post.
When the parcel reaches your country, you can use your national post to track the package. Below are a few examples:
How much do Solosso shirts cost? Pricing explained …The price of our custom men dress shirts depends on its fabric, and starts from US$89. The shirt price includes the complete shirt with mother-of-pearl buttons, free standard shipping and nice stainless steel collar stays. The following fancy extras cost more:
- Alternative inner cuff fabric: US$5
- Alternative inner collar fabric: US$5
- White collar (if shirt has a different colour): US$5
- White cuffs (if shirt has a different colour): US$5
- Monogram: US$10
Why is the displayed price during the shopping process slightly different from the final price?All of our pricing is done in US dollars, which is then converted to your chosen currency. As these prices are rounded during the shopping process, the final price might be slightly different (by less than US$1).
Aren’t your bespoke dress shirts relatively expensive because they’re produced in Asia?Solosso is dedicated to fine quality fabrics, ecological production, fair salaries and good craftsmanship. Such quality has its price. In comparison to other high-quality custom men's dress shirts produced in Europe or the United States, Solosso shirts are around half the usual price.
How can I pay for my shirts?Solosso accepts all major credit cards and Paypal. For enhanced security, our payment processing partners Paypal and Moneybookers facilitate all of our payment processes (including accepting of your credit card as a payment for Solosso shirts).
How does the Invitations & Rewards tool work? How can I invite a friend and earn US$10?It is quite simple: If you invite a friend to Solosso, you and your friend will get US$10 off your next order. You can easily create your own username under Invitations & Rewards in the My Account area of Solosso.com. Now you have two choices: Either you direct your friend to your landing page (www.solosso.com/invite/username) or you tell him to enter your username at checkout (as a promotion code). In both cases, your friend gets a US$10 discount when he orders his first custom dress shirt, and you will get US$10 of store credit (after your friend has made the order). Learn more about Invitations & Rewards.
Are there other restrictions for the Invitations & Rewards program that I need to know about?Yes, please be aware of the following:
- To be able to invite other users to Solosso and take part in the Invitations & Rewards program, you need to have made at least one successful order with Solosso.
- After you have chosen your username, you cannot change it at a later time. It is not allowed to choose a username that is racist, discriminatory or in any other way offensive.
Can I change or cancel an order?Yes, you can, but only until we begin the production of your made to measure dress shirts (this normally starts about 24 hours after we receive your order). Please send us an email at email@example.com to change or cancel an order.
Can I return or exchange a product?The goal of Solosso is to provide high-quality custom dress shirts for men that you can enjoy to the fullest. If this is not the case and you are displeased with your Solosso shirt, we will try our best to solve all problems. You can rest assured that we want to make you happy with your purchase.
In case we send you the wrong product, the right product but with the wrong features, or a faulty product, or if we did not use your provided measurements properly, you can return and exchange your Solosso shirt at no cost to you. Should you experience any of these problems, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a matter of course, we will reimburse the shipping costs, if you send the faulty product back to us with the cheapest method available.
If we fulfilled your order accurately but you are unhappy with our tailored shirt for any other reason, you can contact us as easily by emailing us at email@example.com, and we will try to find a solution to your problem. However, please be aware that every Solosso shirt is one of a kind and specifically tailored to your wishes and measurements; we therefore cannot offer a return or exchange guarantee.